[pct-l] Current snow conditions

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Thu Feb 3 21:19:06 CST 2011

Thanks, John, for your service in skiing the backcountry along the JMT to get those measurements!

I definitely agree with the loss of snow below 8,000 feet as noticed here in South Lake Tahoe as compared to the 8,000 feet to 10,000 feet at the top of Heavenly where the pack hasn't changed much since New Year's.

Hey, Mark, how come we haven't seen each other on the slopes? Twice a week...stop by one of the ski patrol stations and ask for me some time. I'm usually on the California side these days (Sky Express).

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd