[pct-l] helping out

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Thu Feb 3 10:08:21 CST 2011

On 2/3/2011 8:03 AM, AsABat wrote:
> A couple years ago a trail angel filled the always-empty water tank
> at Mason Valley Truck Trail. Within a couple weeks it was empty,
> whether from hikers leaving the valve open, vandals, or the state
> draining it for"safety" reasons is unknown. (no use debating the
> latter unless you have contact that can fix it please)

As nice as it might be to have water at Mason Valley, having water at
Rodriguez Spur is more important IMO. If there is any question about
whether the tank at Rodriguez Spur will be kept full, I'd rather have
water there.

The water report says that there is a spring 1 mile west of the tank. Do
we know how reliable the spring is, or how accessible it is?