[pct-l] Water north of Crater Lake Rim Village

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:06:41 CST 2011

Paul wrote:
> I would guess that most thru-hikers make it to Thielsen Creek for dinner
the first night out from Crater Lake area.

Not that I've taken a survey or anything but from my experience another
common strategy is to spend the night at Mazama Village at the base of the
mountain, climb up to the rim and the Rim Village the next morning, load up
on water there, take your time going around the rim (well worth spending
extra time here!), do a dry camp at highway 138 or thereabouts, and make
Thielsen Creek the next morning.

Eric