[pct-l] 2 person tent under 3lbs

Josie josie1066 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:11:12 CST 2011

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Henry Shires tents. My husband and I
have used one of his original Cloudburst tents for about 8 years now-- it's
traveled most of the PCT with us and a third of the CDT so far, it's been
through rain and snow and when the weather is bad it accommodates the 2 of
us, our packs and a 70lb dog! A couple of years ago I thought we were going
to need to replace it because it started leaking-- I ran into Henry Shires
and he told me to send it back to him for rain-proofing, which he did. It's
been a great tent and we have an old model-- the design has been improved
since we got ours. Keeps the bugs out, the water off and it's designed so
well that condensation is a manageable problem.