[pct-l] NEO Air + Tyvek

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 20:26:03 CST 2011

I used a Neo on the West Coast Trail, twice, the Wonderland, in the High
Sierra and on the thru hike of the PCT.  I love it and am old enough to
really appreciate the best night's on the ground ever.  It is somewhat
fragile, so I'm careful, and have never had a puncture.   Years ago I put
my crampon point right through my old thermarest when snowed in on
Forester, alone.  I thought I'd freeze as I was on snow for several days,
but there is that bit of foam in the 1/2 pad, and believe it or not, duct
tape, really pushed down hard and worked into the hole, held the puncture
together so it would keep air for about 4 hours and then I'd blow it up
again and go back to sleep.  So, stuff happens no matter what you do.  I
have a feeling the neo would probably hold for a few hours with a grossly
applied strip of duct tape, but now I actually carry a repair kit.

I won't go back.  The Neo is just that much more comfortable on my geezer
frame.

Shroomer