[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 48, Issue 8

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:07:20 CST 2011

This is Skeeter (the dog) and Tails, the hiker.  Skeeter made it to
the half way point where the photo was taken, through desert (although
it wasn't a hot year) and through 500 miles of snow.  Tails said that
Skeeter was probably the only hiker who missed the snow.
 http://tinyurl.com/88do6j2

This is Nean, aka Let it Be, with Delta, the dog.  Let It Be has thru
hiked all the major trails, if my memory serves me, and Delta had also
hiked half of the PCT in 2011 thus far.
http://tinyurl.com/6sz8rcd

Both hikers would probably tell you what other hikers here have said,
that the dog comes first.  Both dogs seemed happy and in very good
condition.

What other hikers with dogs have said about hiking at the dog's pace
and putting the pooch first is most important to the success of your
and your dog's hike.

Piper's Mom

I am doing a thru hike in 2012. Has anyone done a thru hike with their
dog?  ......... I love this
dog and I really want to do this hike. Thanks,   Mark