[pct-l] Lightweight Packs

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 13:29:09 CST 2011

I've done a few hundred miles in a ULA and had a good experience.  Two concerns, however.  First, the foam used in the back was not anti-bacterial foam and stunk badly after a short while on the trail.  Second, the back of the pack was constantly pulling on the hairs of my back.  Yes, I have the dreaded "hairy-back disease".  I was wearing a synthetic shirt, but still it was uncomfortable.  Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, or not.  Also, should note that it was a long time ago that I had these experiences: 2003.  They may have changed materials since then.

Charles