[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 48, Issue 6

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Dec 6 20:40:38 CST 2011

On Dec 6, 2011, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Achilles Tendon

Do a google search for eccentric heel raises.

You should NEVER stretch the achilles or the painful area that hurts.
The real problem is actually in your calf. Poke your calf with your
thumbs until you find a tender area. Massage that area as hard as you
can. It will HURT. Do that plus the heel raises and you might see
some improvement.

I got achilles tendinitis from hiking the PCT. I still have it, but
the heel raises and pressure point therapy has helped. I haven't been
as consistent as I ought to be.