[pct-l] Safe Water

Daniel Hurt danielhurt at ymail.com
Sat Dec 3 23:14:03 CST 2011

I was wondering what types of water purifiers are best to use on the PCT or for any backpacking; mostly what has lasted and held up to distance while maintaining safe drinking water and ease of use? I know tablets are always safe but I am looking for something that won’t have the chemical after flavor and that I will not need to wait to be safe to drink. Also, does anyone know if the SteriPEN UV lights really work? I would like to know what your thoughts are on these questions. On another note I would like to say thank you to everyone who posts here. I have always found helpful advice which has helped me enjoy camping and hiking more, so that being said thank you all.