[pct-l] PCT-L now in forum format/unauthorized taking

Hootie Martin hootie2006 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:46:23 CDT 2011

>>And people in our category take this stuff seriously, because we know
where it leads.  Control of content.  Note that HYOH is NOT Scott Park's
philosophy.  He has an agenda to FORCE >>people into doing what he considers
his vision of the correct style of doing this quest, with the correct
associated activites allowed (KO-no, HH-yes, water caches-no, haven't
figured out if he >>finds it acceptable to maintain trails------).
Ken, I think Scott has full right to share his thoughts re: water caches on
the PCT.  While he is in the minority, as was Elevator I recall, they both
should be allowed to share these views on this list in the same way that
those supporting water caches should be able to share their views.  In fact,
neither of these individuals were directly opposed to water caches, but
rather they were both expressing the views that water caches should be
placed off-trail to a certain extent rather than directly on the trail.

My feeling still holds that if this were anyone but Postholer providing this
reformatted view, which is actually much more friendly than that available
on the PCT-L in my opinion, there would not be as much of an uproar as there
has been due to the fact that it is Postholer.  I find it interesting that
folks have suggested that Scott is receiving some significant benefit by
offering this.  What benefit is he receiving?