[pct-l] Official reply for cook stoves

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:33:35 CDT 2011

I'm *pretty sure* that alcohol stoves are not considered "self contained",
because they do not have an on/off switch, and they are basically an open
flame in a cup.  If I remember correctly, when there are fire bans in SoCal,
those bans include alcohol stoves.  I would assume it's the same everywhere,
but I could be wrong.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com