[pct-l] a late post

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Aug 16 21:09:55 CDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 3:09 PM, PCT List <pctlist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Feel free to post part or all to list if folks are interested in this
>> type of info. Since being placed in moderated status last year,
>> I no longer have access to post.
>
> Jeff and I were both put on moderated status last year for speaking
> out against the proliferation of water caches.

As PCT-L admin I need to set a few  things straight:

1) No one is ever placed on moderated status for speaking out. List
members are only every placed on moderated status for attacking, or
flaming another list member or for impolite posts... Occasionally all
parties to a flame war are put on moderated status for a short time
just to stop the war, which is what happened in this case.

You can say whatever you like here, just do it politely and try to
keep it somewhat on topic.

2)Elevato is not correct. He can't post to the list because he is not
member, he is not moderated. Also he is wrong about moderated member's
posts not having access to post. Even the posts of moderated list
members make it to the list after they have been reviewed, assuming
they are relevant and not abusive.

I don't like reviewing the moderated queue. I would not ever moderate
anyone if I had my druthers.