[pct-l] a late post

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Tue Aug 16 12:45:42 CDT 2011

My apologies, this came in to me on the 11th. I have been so busy I just now am posting it. I am sorry for the delay.

Jo Ann,

Elevator here. Thought I would share that my wife and I just finished a 4 day sobo between Carter Meadow Summit and Castella. Between Sunday morning and Wednesday afternoon we encountered over 60 nobo hikers that indicated they are attempting a contiguous thru to Canada.

So as of now, I would say the pack I definitely in Etna or just shy of there now.

Balls and Sunshine were in the first group we saw Sunday morning and I know that had stopped at your place. We encountered many others and everyone we asked seemed to be targeting the last week of September or the first week of October to reach Canada.

It would seem to me that most will really need to push bigger mileage to meet these targets but all seemed to be enjoying the trail.

Feel free to post part or all to list if folks are interested in this type of info. Since being placed in moderated status last year, I no longer have access to post.

The 80 miles of trail we hiked was in wonderful shape and perfect hiking condition!

Jeff / Elevator