[pct-l] bad customer service experience with Froggtoggs

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Sun Aug 14 13:26:22 CDT 2011

A couple of pieces of advice on communication:

I lead hikes for the Sierra Club. We list the hikes on the web and in the local papers with the hike leaders phone number. I get calls from people interested in the hikes. Generally speaking the greater the number of questions that the caller has, the less likely they are to actually come on the hike. After five or six questions I do get annoyed with all the fishing. Nina's first few questions were just that; fishing.

If she had put her last statement on her series of emails first, I'm sure it would have gone smoother. See what it looks like if she had gone straight to what she wanted to say instead of fishing:

your products are very popular with ultra lite hikers (which is how I found
out about your website). It would be nice for that segment of your customer
base if the weights were listed on your website.

I was wondering about the jacket weight because I'm deciding between buying
your jacket or a jacket made by o2, and the weight is very important to me.
I won't pack the pants, so their weight is irrelevant (for my purposes).

Thanks for your replies,
Nina

When I contact a company either by phone or by email, I get all my information ready first and the calls usually go very quickly ending with a happy experience for myself and the representative. As pointed out previously, nobody really wants to work in the call center and it's not our job to make it even more miserable.

TrailHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't ask the right questions"
Abraham Lincoln