[pct-l] Mariposa Plus

Heather Darnell mom_and_alex at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 18:06:13 CDT 2011

I LOVED my Mariposa and its approximately 12oz weight - it has been my favorite pack so far. I am 5'6" and very LONG waisted. Got the mid-size. I love my Gregory Z55 also, but needed the Mariposa for its greater capacity when hiking without my husband. I have narrow shoulders, too, and the pack width was right.

But one - BIG for me! - drawback was the shoulder straps were stictched just too close together at top of pack, so it was too narrow for my neck. (I have worked out a lot and my neck muscles are a bit over-developed.) Should have returned it for modifications, but I liked everything else about it so much I did not. I wore a collared shirt when using it. I kept the metal stay inserted and the sit-pad came in and out when I wanted to set it down, so I did baby it ;) I just sold it here on PCT-L, and maybe Jim will comment on the fit next week??

Blessings,
Heather Darnell

Message: 11