[pct-l] Found SPOT and Update

Noah Strycker noah.strycker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 01:14:43 CDT 2011

Hi PCTers,

Honeybuzz and I found a SPOT device on Mount Ashland today with "Ellen's" sharpied on it. We hit the OK button and left it on a sign by the turnoff to Grouse Gap shelter.

I hit the Oregon border today after 83 days through California - an awesome hike so far! There are at least 25 thrus spread out ahead (some are up near Washington already) and dozens more following in the next two weeks, so lots of hikers will make it all the way. The Marble Mountain Wilderness and the mountains south of Ashland have no snow except a couple of flat patches less than 100 feet across.

For daily photos and updates from the trail: noahstrycker.com/latest.

Happy hiking -

Noah