[pct-l] SNOW REPORT PCT D, E, F

Scoutert38 at aol.com Scoutert38 at aol.com
Fri Aug 5 13:40:27 CDT 2011

>From what the Ranger's know at McKenzie Ranger District and also  Detroit
Ranger District--the snow and ice "IS MELTING, LOT'S OF RUNOFF" but  as far
as
the PCT there are sections above 5,200 feet that have ice over it.  The
avalanche area mentioned a few days ago STILL HAS UP TO 50' OF ICE OR  SNOW
ON
THE PCT TRAIL. The Ranger that I spoke to was not giving an eye  report,
but stated all they can go by is what hunters and hikers come in and  tell
them.
That is all that I know at this time. I have canceled my PCT  Section hike
until late August or early September due to the slide area  right in the
section that I had hoped to hike.
Happy  Trails!
Baldibear53
David Robinson