[pct-l] parking at mammoth

Jim Banks jbanks4 at socal.rr.com
Wed Aug 3 22:36:14 CDT 2011

Ed, you can leave your vehicle at the Mammoth Mountain Adventure Center
which is next to the main lodge of the ski area where the shuttle to Reds
Meadows begins.  {Don't confuse this with the California Welcome Center
which is in town just as you come into town on Highway 203.}  You can catch
the shuttle to Reds Meadows at the Mammoth Mountain Adventure Center and you
can catch the bus that goes into town.  I have done it several times and I
am doing it again later this month.  I have left a vehicle there as long as
two weeks with no problems.  They usually have a section that they want you
to park in if you are going to leave your vehicle there longer than for the
day.  Just ask.  It is a much bigger lot than the one down by the McDonalds
in town.

I-Beam