[pct-l] Two thru hikers rescued from San Jacintos?

Greg Gressel jumpfrom15000 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 11:14:00 CDT 2011

Slightly different take.....
1) I am also puzzled by the early departures this year. Almost everyone seems to be skipping sections. So in my simple world either prepare for the situations to be faced or wait until the conditions match capabilities.  There is at least one journal on postholer that is the poster child case, spitfire.
2) While all the details are not known it doesn't sound like a rescue was required based on the men's reported conditions. This could either be a case of the hikers being unprepared for conditions or modern technology gone amuck, way too easy to push panic button.

With the masses leaving the border on the next few days I hope this doesn't become too familiar of a story.

Malto