[pct-l] Happy Trails

Brendan Beltz brendanbeltz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:35:37 CDT 2011

Oh, definitely not worried. Just my geeky efficiency side exposing itself. I
am aware of and occasionally check all those sites except the yahoo group
which is pretty much the sort of thing I'm referring to. I can see how it
might get lost in the shuffle.

Though, I think my keenness is more directed towards the idea of combining a
bulletin board and group-edited map in one. I mean we have the trail laid
out on google maps at Postholer. We have water updates at Asabat and trail
updates here and PCTA - all of which could be tagged by GPS coordinates.
Anybody doing time sensitive activities could post and later delete info
(such as a trail angel camping out, a cache being refilled, a hiker flash
mob dance at the top of Mt Whitney...)

I just like the idea of a google map, with the trail laid out, with user
submitted post-its showing (name, date and time, location, notes). And maybe
an animation of a pacman character slowly rising out of mexico along the
trail gobbling up thrus who won't be able to make it to canada in time.

I dunno. Maybe when I have regular computer access again I'll mess around
with it.