[pct-l] Happy Trails

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 00:34:43 CDT 2011

Brendan wrote:

In the past, have current thrus used this list much as a forum to
communicate with other thrus while on trail? I've been wondering about that
for a bit. Seems like it would be good to have a message board of sorts
where all the hikers with iphones can leave each otehr notes about upcoming
conditions. I was hoping this list would serve that function but it seems
like everybody is signing off when they hit the trail.

No, this list is too noisy for that.  Thrus don't have time to wade through
500 messages in search of the information they need.

And Tortoise, you know very well that the list won't go quiet.  All of us
frustrated desk-jockeys are going to keep the traffic up by armchair
quarterbacking everyone's hikes.  Well, ok, it'll get a little quieter, I
guess.  :-)

Eric