[pct-l] Hand held GPS - update ib Dakota 20

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Apr 24 00:27:27 CDT 2011

I've heard back from Garmin, another reinstall of unit software (firmware);
then had to use my computer to delete a track that the GPS couldn't delete.
First set of lithium AA cells lasted ~9 hours. The screen at least on my
unit has low contrast and very difficult to read in daylight. Menus are
illogical and maybe I could rearrange them. User manual lacks information;
I've Googled to find out how to do tasks that should be in the manual.  In
short too many problems & shortcomings; takes way too much time to get
working; this unit is going back to REI.

I want a GPS that adds to my enjoyment rather than be an aggravation. When
I have some more time to spend I'll look at alternatives such as an older
smartphone or maybe an iPod with a GPS attachment.

Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>