[pct-l] cascade locks

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 11:05:13 CDT 2011

There's a post office in town and some nice people running it.  I had a box
shipped priority, as my shoes were falling off my feet, and the gal at the
desk couldn't find it with all the hiker stuff.  I was staying in Hood
River, the next town down, so I took off with friends, and shortly
thereafter the worker found it in a special stack she had made to make sure
she could find things for priority customers.  She and her boss were so
distraught at not getting a hiker his box, that she took off with the box
and hit the campground and every bar and motel in town, figuring that's
where I'd be, and were really bummed that they couldn't find me.  It was no
great shakes for me as I picked it up the next day, but the apologies went
on for a long time.  Great folks in a little town, who really cared about a
lone hiker and his gear enough to scour a town to find me.  I'd mail
something there again if I was going through just to say hi to them.

Needless to say, most hikers just used the post office to mail stuff there.

Shroomer