[pct-l] Another water source gone

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Sat Apr 23 01:05:11 CDT 2011

I received an email that the trough at Pioneer Mail is empty,  the tank is locked,  and a hiker was told by a local employee that it would not be refilled because of the California clean water act.  I verified with PCTA who has been working on this since last year.

Some locals cache water there but it's a very small cache that is often empty.  Stock up at the GATR faucet to get to the water at Sunrise Trailhead. Other seasonal sources may be available,  check the water report for current info.

AsABat
PCT Water Reports SoCal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net