[pct-l] Mail

Benjamin Grunbaum bengrunbaum at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 13:30:13 CDT 2011

As Ron noted an oral contract is never a good idea.  It does not carry much
if any weight in court.  It becomes a he said, she said situation and I
would venture to say that a court would always side with one who has had
their rights violated.  A signed notarized authorization holds the most
weight and can withstand most scrutiny.

I am writing this for informative purposes only.  I merely think that we who
are part of the hiking community, in what ever way that may be, would be
much better off if we all gave each other the benefit of the doubt.  As many
others have noted, with whom I agree, saying your going to search everyone's
box is not only illegal but it is presumptuous.  I would rather respect
everyone's right to make their own decisions and not interfere until their
decisions begin to affect my health and safety.

Ben Grunbaum