[pct-l] Permethrin & TICKS

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 14:06:01 CDT 2011

Hi Rob,

Permethrin on cloths works very well repelling ticks and insects. During my 5
1/2 month rides on the PCT from Mexico to Canada I never had a single tick.  And
insects were not a problem either. I often felt sorry for some of the poor
hikers who were being attacked.  I wore insect/tick repellent cloths made bt
ExOfficio.  I wore the socks, pants, shirt, and the hat with cape to protect
your neck. PERMETHRIN is woven into the cloth from which those articles of
clothing are made. It will withstand several washings and remain effective - it
did for me during my entire journey. I would like to comment that, since I
mostly lived on the trail, I washed my cloths on the trail during 0 days without
using either soap or detergent (to protect the water) - I scrubbed them with a
rough plastic pad and rinsed out sweat and dirt. I did sometimes, while moving
my rig ahead, wash them at a laundromat using detergent.

You can check out that product by typing in:    ex officio buzz off permethrin

MendoRider