[pct-l] TICK ALERT

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Apr 14 22:23:55 CDT 2011

The tick that carries lyme disease in So Cal is the female western
black-legged tick. It is very small and black. The male is all black.
The female is black with a red outline on the body. Deer ticks are
larger and sort of grayish brown. Look up the pictures on google.

If you were bitten by a female western black-legged tick you may want
to see a doctor. If it was some other tick, it's up to you.

Diane