[pct-l] Station Fire Question?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Apr 14 22:16:46 CDT 2011

I know how you feel, Mike. What worked for me was to take notes. I
wrote down the info for detours (turn right here, left there, 10
miles to this, west on XYZ road for X many miles, whatever). I barely
ever looked at a map the entire PCT. I wrote the notes in my Data
Book. You could write notes on the backs of your other maps. People
will scoff that it's not an arial view, but following directions is
how those online driving directions work.

Then follow the footprints, trekking pole holes and trekking pole
squiggles.