[pct-l] Station Fire Closure

Ate Tuna atetuna at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:09:39 CDT 2011

I just found this article:

3 million trees to be planted in Station fire burn
area<http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-station-fire-20110415,0,7225022.story>

<http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-station-fire-20110415,0,7225022.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Flocal+%28L.A.+Times+-+California+|+Local+News%29>This
may seriously change the character of the trail through this area.  I know
it's not natural, but I do prefer hiking through pines than chapperal.  It
also worries me that the project is slated to take 5 years.  If it's like a
local replanting effort, that might mean the area being closed for over 5
years to give the plantings time to establish themselves.  That's just
speculation though.  If this is successful, I'd like to hike that section
again in 20 years.