[pct-l] Esbit Cubes

Marge Prothman marge at prothman.org
Thu Apr 14 10:09:45 CDT 2011

I was a big fan of Esbit tablets when I was hiking...I figured one tab per
day.  I would use it for my main meal to
heat the water to mix in the bag.  And then I would blow it out and reuse it
for a hot drink and snack at bedtime.
I have been going through all my backpacking and camping stuff this past
week, and discovered I still have a  number of Esbits,  Wonder what the
shelf life is for the esbits,  will have to look into that. I use the boy
scout stove, it worked good for me. I plan on camping this summer here in
the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho and I have found two campgrounds that I
would be able to drive into. Now just make
the snow go away... /Whoopee........Cheers,  Marge ( the old gal )