[pct-l] Esbit Cubes

Glenn Bradford glenn.bradford at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:55:25 CDT 2011

I just got my Caldera Cone and Gram Cracker kit - gave it a test last
night on the back porch and a 14 gram tablet was about 3/4 done when
my 640ml cup boiled...I could have probably at least warmed up another
cup full at 40 degrees.

On the math side...is that a deal? 80 4 gram tablets for $18.95 is
about 6 cents a gram. REI's standard Esbit pack of 12 14 gram tablets
for $5.95 comes out to about 3.5 cents per gram. Of course, there's
shipping costs, but larger orders have free shipping for many dealers.

Cheers,
Glenn