[pct-l] Shipping labels

Ryan Hull rynos1234 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:57:10 CDT 2011

Suppose I'm shipping a package to the Warner Springs post office, general
delivery, with some esbit tabs in it.  I just want to make sure that this
what my shipping labels should look like:

<hiker name>
General Delivery
Warner Springs, CA 92086
ETA: <whatever>

For the ORM-D label, are there special stickers I have to use, or can I just
write "Surface Mail Only, Consumer Commodity ORM-D" in big letters on the
package and call it good.

One last question. When using the shipping estimator on usps.com, is the
ground-only rate the same as the "parcel post" rate? I'm trying to get a
ballpark estimate of how much shipping is going to burn my wallet :-P

Any other shipping suggestions I should know about?

Everyone here is amazing. There is such a wealth of information. I hope one
day I am able to contribute as much as I have gained!
-Ryan