[pct-l] Southbound JMT help

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Apr 13 08:26:12 CDT 2011

The resupplies may be far off the trail but the side-routes are
usually lovely. One seldom-used side-route for PCT hikers is Bishop
Pass. It's absolutely beautiful on both sides. You can send a package
to Parchers Resort, which is only a mile down the road from the
Bishop Pass trailhead, and they have a small store and you can
purchase a shower as well. It's a long way to Bishop from there but
you can hitch a ride fairly easily if you need a full-service town.

Since you won't be rushing through the area, side trips for resupply
may be welcomed. A chance to see even more of the area.