[pct-l] Lost Coast Trail (totally off-topic teaser)

John Abela abela at johnabela.com
Mon Apr 11 17:08:09 CDT 2011

Hey All,

Went and hiked the Lost Coast Trail this weekend and thought I would
share some videos and photos I took.

http://abela.me/?set=72157626353081435

Was a pretty abusive trail - probably the most abusive trail I have
ever hiked. Dunes to wet beach sand, to wet beach pebbles, to
side-hill pebbles (probably the worse) to massive boulders to wicked
shale and than start all over again... on and on. I cannot remember a
single time since the year I first re started hiking that it took me 5
hours to hike 10 miles.

But some amazing overlooks of miles and miles of untouched beach.

The entire trip I only saw three water plastic bottles (washed up) and
that was pretty much it.

All in all it was a pretty awesome trip.

Those hitting the PCT over the weekend where in my thoughts... which I
was out there with you guys!

John