[pct-l] Rehydrating foods

leestcoast at gmail.com leestcoast at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 21:37:10 CDT 2011

Hi Amanda - I think it's best to experiment and start conservatively - 1/2 water to 1 food. Most veggies will rehydrate ok in abt 2 hrs. Proteins might take a little longer. There are a lot of variables - are you eating "cold" or heating/cooking foods?
P.S. Instead of rehydrating in the storage bag I use pint-sized ziplock plastic bowls with a screw-on lid, which doubles as an eating bowl.  Best wishes foryou hike
Cruz Control
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.