[pct-l] Shutdown

rob gratz hikergratz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 18:43:59 CDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Brandon McGinnity <bmcginnity at gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't know what you mean by "keeping people out of the angeles forest,"
> but I probably disagree with that too. If there's a fire, fine, I can
> understand that, but not just because there's no one to collect fees or
> police us.
>
> And what's this anti PCT legislation you speak of?
>
> they got stripped out,here is part of what they wanted

Prohibits funds to implement or enforce the Travel Management Rule, which
would close roads and trails on National Forest System land.
Sec. 4029
this would take away funds to prohibit off road use in inappropriate
areas(like the p.c.t.)
Prohibits funding for the Conservation Stewardship Program.
Sec. 1282
Prohibits funding for the Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Act.
Sec. 1283
with the p.c.t.on the verge of a major rerouting(tejon ranch area) we need
all the help we can get.remember no government money means no p.c.t.