[pct-l] trail shakes

boundforadventure at gmail.com boundforadventure at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:41:34 CDT 2011

I make mine as protein pudding. First I premix the Nido and protein shake
into a bag at home. Then, on the trail, I add about 1/2 the 'required'
water, and knead the bag to mix. Then I use my spoon and eat the pudding.
This year I'm adding dark and white chocolate bits to the mix. If I can
find mint chocolate chips, I'll add those to the chocolate shakes. This
works well for me, and that way I don't dirty up a bottle.

Dirtying up a bottle is something I learned really well on RAGBRAI. The
last time I did this ride, the SAG team bought cartons of milk so that I
could mix up my protein drink when I came in to camp. By the 3rd or 4th day
the shake container was gross, and that's after cleaning it after each use.
Needless to say the container did not come home with me.