[pct-l] Batteries - FYI

boundforadventure at gmail.com boundforadventure at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 21:54:23 CDT 2011

This is what Southwest Airlines has to say about carrying batteries on its
planes:

"Effective January 1, 2008, you may not pack spare lithium batteries in
your checked baggage.
You may pack spare lithium batteries in your carry-on baggage. Please see
our Spare Battery Tips and How-To sections to find out how to pack spare
batteries safely!
If you pack a device containing batteries, secure it against activation by
locking the activation switch in the "off" position, placing the device in
a protective case, or by other appropriate measures.
For personal use, there is generally no restriction on the number of spare
batteries allowed in carry-on baggage. This is the case for cell phone
batteries, "hearing aid" button cells, and AA batteries/AAA batteries
available in retail stores, as well as almost all standard laptop computer
batteries."

Still trying to decide whether I want to take my pack with me or ship.

Nikii