[pct-l] Section E water update

ckwrkornge at aol.com ckwrkornge at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 19:55:43 CDT 2011

Hello all,

Currently section hiking section E.  Here is a water source update.  Be advised the last couple of weeks have had unusually high amounts of precip and there are some patches of snow on the trail.  Also be advised that between Shake Canyon and Horse Camp there are a ton of dead oak trees in the trail and the trail North of Pine Canyon is fairly overgrown.

Bear Spring (31 Mar): flowing well, creek nearby flowing well. trough overflowing with water and ants.

Bouqet Canyon (1 April) creek flowing well.  Cache had ~5 gallons.  Multiple drainages b/t Bouqet and Anderson's had water, though these sources are extremely unreliable.

Anderson's Cache (1 April) Had ~8 gallons.

San Fran... Canyon (2 April) creek flowing well.  Red Carpet Cache had ~4 gallons.

Shake Canyon (4 April) creek flowing at campground.  A second creek after the campground had water on the trail, however, this might be gone soon.

Guzzler (5 April) "red rock water tank."  Water too far down in tank to be of any use.

Horse Creek Spring (5 April).  I was unable to locate this due to blowdown and dodgy snags in area.

Pine Canyon Creek (5 April).  Flowing well.

Hikertown (6 April).  Open, has water.

*Again, if you are hiking more than a week after I post this, expect some of the creeks to be dry.

Cheers,

Enviro Pyro