[pct-l] Be careful of water, this year in particular

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Apr 6 16:17:09 CDT 2011

I just got a note from a Kayaker friend of mine who is up in Kernville.

She says the river is about twice the normal flow for this time of
year, and that it is "really scary."

During my High Snow Year trek in 95, I left campo in June, hit KM July
10 and was pretty much scared sh*t less at many of the river
crossings.

The log over the S fork of the Kern was almost under water.

I got washed away trying to cross Bear Creek.

I forded Evolution Creek in the meadow, quite a ways up stream of the
trail crossing, and it was chest deep for about 50 yards, but at least
it was slow.

Kerrick Canyon was really, really scarry

Be careful out there.