[pct-l] Be careful of water, this year in particular

Kolby Kirk admin at thehikeguy.com
Wed Apr 6 04:18:30 CDT 2011

Yes, it is tragic that the hiker died trying to cross the East Fork of the
San Gabriel River.  This time of year, the hike is very dangerous, yet many
attempt it anyway without the proper gear or skills.  The trail is commonly
known as "The Bridge to Nowhere."  After a few reschedules due to the water
level being too high, my hiking club and I did the hike last year.  Here's a
video of the first of 14 river crossings: http://vimeo.com/11415349

I was going to lead the hike again this year, but plans changed when I was
laid off from my job and I decided to do the PCT instead. :)

~Orangutan
PCT thru-hiker 2011