[pct-l] food weight

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 08:59:12 CDT 2011

Lean Unsupported Machine Reinhold writes: I always have been lean....besides, the girls like me lean or scrawny as you call it.
As far as the JMT records are concerned, unlike you, I never prey on hikers on my speed hikes.  As a matter of fact it is the other way around.....on the trail too long hiker babes have been chasing me for years.  THAT  IS  HOW  I  GOT  TO  BE  A  SPEED  HIKER!!!  So far I have always managed to outrun them but, as I'm getting older, I am afraid, sooner or later, some of them are going to catch me and have their way with me.
Switchback replies: Once again, Lean Scrawny Machine has missed the lesson's of history.  Everywhere and in all of history it is the more rotund folks who are the elders, wise men/women, respected councilors, and most efficient hikers.  We rotund hikers carry our food with us all the time in case of an emergency.  For example, I can go for three weeks on the PCT without resupply.  In fact, many a time on the trail I have gone 72 hours straight without stopping.  I just set it on cruise control and take naps as I stroll along.  Then when I come to a nice camp spot, I motor in and park.  Let's see Scrawny try that.