[pct-l] food weight

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Apr 5 18:21:42 CDT 2011

Yes Switchback,....I can understand why I may seem scrawny to
you.....165 lb. compared to 465 lb certainly could be considered scrawny
by some folks.
Other folks would consider it  "Lean  vs  Rotund".
In the USMC the  "Infantry" (Grunts) are known as the "Lean, Green
Hiking Machine"....none of the "Grunts" are "Rotund"  they are "Lean",
or scrawny as you call it....the USMC  likes'm lean.
As a matter of fact the USMC goes through all kinds of trouble to insure
the grunts do not grow rotund and stay scrawny as you call it.
I always have been lean....besides, the girls like me lean or scrawny as
you call it.

As far as the JMT records are concerned, unlike you, I never prey on
hikers on my speed hikes.
As a matter of fact it is the other way around.....on the trail to long
hiker babes have been chasing me for years.

THAT  IS  HOW  I  GOT  TO  BE  A  SPEED  HIKER!!!

So far I have always managed to outrun them but, as I'm getting older, I
am afraid, sooner or later, some of them are going to catch me and have
their way with me.

JMT Reinhold
Your scrawny trail companion