[pct-l] public transport from LAX to san diego

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:47:41 CDT 2011

The Amtrak trains go from Union Station in downtown LA. To get there from
LAX, take the FlyAway bus <http://www.lawa.org/welcome_LAX.aspx?id=292> to
Union Station, which you catch under the green "FlyAway, Buses, and Long
Distance Vans" sign on the lower level in front of each terminal. One-way
fare is $7 last time I checked, and it runs every 1/2 hour.

Be sure you're getting on the *Union Station* FlyAway, as there are FlyAway
buses to other LA destinations. The FlyAway drops you off on the east side
of Union Station; go inside the building and walk through the tunnel to the
west side, where you'll find the Amtrak ticket counters.