[pct-l] Shroomer Report

Marge Prothman marge at prothman.org
Sat Apr 2 10:43:04 CDT 2011

Well this one made me giggle, prior to the fall of 2006 I hiked for a number
of years with the "Monk" This was his trail
name, but he was an actual Monk, a Benedictine. He did a number of sections
with me on the PTC.  He had also done a through hike prior..I think he may
get a chuckle out of this email, I sure did.
Cheers ( Marge the old gal)

Subject: [pct-l] Shroomer Report

Shroomer,

I am relieved to know that the priests of the PCT have been interceding with
the gods of sun and warmth with ritual dance, fires, and beer. I wonder if
you have any sense for how far the intercession is good for? Will the
prayers of Donner priests, for example, be effectual for Mammoth? If not, I
wonder if we should organize a coordinated assault on the gods, perhaps a
priest for every 50 miles ritually engaged in wild, inebriated dance. I may
qualify to hold down a section--I went to a seminary once--I may yet have a
connection I can open up to call in a few favors, the gods owe me.

Naps-On-Trail