[pct-l] Bear Canisters

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Thu Sep 30 13:40:22 CDT 2010

I have a personal friend who is now a back country ranger in Yosemite. I
have heard of several instances where he has escorted backpackers with no
bear canister out of the back country. Once the hike was about 15 miles -
that was after he found them. He said they were really dragging by the time
he got them out.

The best option might be the Bear Canister loan program. It's free. You can
find details of it in the PCT-L archives at the link at the bottom of this
email.

Ken