[pct-l] Bicycle Usage Proposal

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Mon Sep 20 12:14:57 CDT 2010

> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:21:27 +0200
> From: Joel Fisler <pct at fisler.ch>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] Bicycle Usage Proposal
> To: PCT listserve <pct-l at backcountry.net>

<snip>
> "Anyway, thanks for the link, I'll try to promote it where I can :-)"
> then that means joke or "not serious".

Sorry: but  :-)  means that you'd be happy to de exactly what you said - to
promote it where you can... (ie, picking a fight, posting such on a hiker's
board), on the otherhand, if you had used  ;-)   (a wink) then you would
have been understood, and in all likelyhood would not have provoked the
others).  You bemoan the fact that you received unfriendly responses -
please consider: 99.999% of the people on this list are good people,
friends, friendly people, the type of people I wish there were a whole lot
more of in the world...  the type of people that would let most things slide
on by...  why is it you got the responses you did...  could it be that they
thought your posting was over-the-top?? And they likewise didn't see a  ;-)

put one foot ahead of the other, repeat until done,   :-)
dr greg mushial

ps. next time I'm doing a stint at CERN it'll be interesting to see just how
these biker/hiker interactions pan out on the trails...  here the nominal
interaction is exactly as Diane and others have posted...  maybe the bikers
here could learn some manners from across the pond.