[pct-l] Hiking in bike tracks etc.

Marge Prothman marge at prothman.org
Sat Sep 18 12:52:40 CDT 2010

This is an entry from my journal. written in Nov/Dec 1999 hiking from Aqua
Dulce to Walker Pass with my friend Pat from Whistler B.C.

It appears things never change:

Cheers, Marge (the old gal)

"Some of the hiking was just beautiful and some was awful. The awful parts
were on trails that motor bikes had run up and down.  It was very much like
walking in eight inches of sand uphill. Very tiring and of course my mind
was writing letters to my congressman complaining about the condition of the
trails. The signs all say "no motor vehicles" just foot and horse traffic.
But Oh well.......

We did get lost a number of times, due to motor bikes making other trails,
or there were no signs. Pat was the best in finding our trails. She was
RIGHT five times out of five. I learned to be quiet and let her find the
trails and just do as I was told."