[pct-l] PCT Maintenance - Saturday September 18th, Snoqualmie Pass Area

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 13:53:21 CDT 2010

Hi there everyone.  I'm going to try and put together enough folks to get out
and do some more brushing on the PCT this coming Saturday, September 18th.

What:  Cutting brush (using the PCTAs power saw & loppers) on a section of the
trail south of Stampede Pass that the Forest Service has identified as being
nearly overgrown (which it is - been there and seen it.  It's BAD).

When:  Saturday, September 18th, about 8:30am meeting time (exact details will
follow depending on number of responses and travel arrangements).  We'll call it
a day by about 3:00pm, unless everyone wants to stay longer.  Of course, if the
weather is REALLY nasty, we might call it a day a bit earlier as well.

Meeting Location:  Exact details will follow to those who are interested.  But
the work location is about 20-30 minutes drive in from Exit 62 (~10 miles east
of Snoqualmie Pass) off of I-90.  Carpools might be arranged as well.  The
Snoqualmie Ranger Station (North Bend, Exit 31 or 32) has been a handy meeting
point.

No experience necessary - will train / teach you what you need to know.  All
tools & hard hats are provided.

All you need is:  A commitment to safety, long sleeves and pants, boots (no
running shoes / sandals), a day pack for your snacks, lunch and water, other
weather appropriate clothing (looks like rain gear will come in handy), and your
favorite pair of work gloves (although there are some loaners available - let me
know).

Let me know (off list) no later than Thursday evening if you're interested so
that I have enough time to notify the Forest Service, arrange for adequate
number of tools, etc.

Thanks for your consideration.

Barry