[pct-l] Passing Crater Lake with a Dog

Mariann mendenhall_mini_farm at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 17:17:49 CDT 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to plan a section hike for next summer on the PCT in OR.  I am
planning to go about 200 miles and will have my dog with me.  Is it possible to
get a dog through Crater Lake National Park?  It seems I'd be stuck with walking
the road through the park, does the road have any sort of a decent shoulder?
Has anyone else ever hiked OR PCT with a dog and how did you get past Crater
Lake?

Any advice about getting through the park would be wonderful. :)

Thanks,
Mariann